The Technician Support Specialist training program is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in the fields of computers, networking, and security.
If you want to break into the IT industry, this is the perfect program for you. This package of three key certifications will help you get hired into your first IT job, and also give you a strong foundation for an IT career. Whether you decide to go into cybersecurity, networking or IT support, you’ll have the skills and knowledge you need to be successful.
This ATI and CompTIA training program is our most popular entry-level option. It delivers a curriculum designed to develop competence in IT fundamentals and prepare you for certification exams. We chose this combination because these are the most in-demand certifications for entry-level IT positions.
Veterans! A+, Network+ and Security+ training and certifications fulfill requirements for the Department of Defense (DoD) Directive 8570.
• Identify the components of standard desktop personal computers
• Identify fundamental components and functions of personal computer operating systems
• Identify best practices followed by professional personal computer technicians
• Install and configure operating systems
• Maintain and troubleshoot installations of Microsoft Windows
• Identify network technologies
• Install and manage network connections
• Support laptops, portable computing devices, printers, and scanners
• Identify personal computer security concepts
• Support personal computer security
• Install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and replace computer hardware, system components, and peripherals
• Maintain and troubleshoot the Windows Operating System
• Install a small-office/home-office network, and troubleshoot network connections
• Secure Personal Computers
• Basic computer literacy
• Basic PC Operating System navigation skills
• Basic Internet usage skills
• Basic IP addressing knowledge
Course Objectives: This course provides network technicians and support staff with the foundation-level skills they need to install, operate, manage, support, and troubleshoot a corporate network.
Prerequisites: A typical student taking the CompTIA Network+ course should have a minimum of nine months or more of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician.
• Networking experience is helpful but not mandatory
• A+ certification or equal skills and knowledge are helpful but not mandatory
Course Objectives: After taking this course, students will understand the field of network security and how it relates to other areas of information technology. This course also provides the broad-based knowledge necessary to prepare for further study in specialized security fields, or it can serve as a capstone course that gives a general introduction to the field.
This course prepares students to pass the current CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
Prerequisites: A typical student taking CompTIA Security+ training should have a minimum of nine months or more of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician. Network security experience and A+ and Network+ certifications or equivalent skills and knowledge are helpful but not mandatory.
Receive not only Instructor-Led Training but students can also access on-demand videos Virtual Labs that allows you to test your skills risk-free in a real-world lab environment and answer certification exam practice questions until you’re confident that you are ready to pass the exam.
Individuals who complete and CompTIA training and the aforementioned certifications qualify for the following job roles:
Computer Support Specialist, Technical Help Desk, Technical Support Specialist, Network Technician, Desktop Support Analyst, Security Specialist, and similar roles.
• The projected job growth rate for Computer Support Technicians with CompTIA certifications is 18% from 2010 – 2020*
• Median national salary range: $46,000 – $66,000**
Desktop Support Analyst Average Salary25th Percentile50th Percentile75th Percentile 95th Percentile $45k $50k $55k $60k $65k $70k $75k $80k $85k $90k
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Dept of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012-2013 Edition **Median national salary ranges are based on job titles and salary information from 0*Net OnLine